What is Postpartum Depression?
- 1 woman in 10 experience depression during pregnancy
- 8 women in 10 experience the Baby Blues after giving birth
- 1 woman in 8 experience Postpartum Depression
- 1 Woman in 1,000 experiences Postpartum Psychosis, which happens within the first three months after birth.
What are the symptoms?
- Irritable, Agitated
- Worried and anxious for no reason
- Sadness, Crying
- Guilt and Shame
- Mood Swings
- Loss of interest, Joy or Pleasure
What Can I Do?
- Lean on Family and Friends
- Talk to a Health Care Professional
- Find a Support Group
For more information about maternal mental health visit:
Pregnancy and Mommy Support
Being pregnant, having a baby – these can be the most wonderful or sometimes the most stressful of times. Both are normal! There is a lot of assistance for expecting mothers and mothers who have already delivered.
WIC (Women, Infant, & Children) is one of the most successful programs ever implemented. WIC is a nutrition education and food supplement program that helps lower income pregnant women, infants, and young children eat well and stay healthy. WIC teaches mothers to eat healthy while pregnant and breastfeeding.
- WIC serves 1 in 2 babies in the US
- If you are receiving TANF, CalFresh, and Medi-Cal, you automatically meet the WIC income guidelines.
Apply today or make an appointment 1-800-472-2321.