- Did you know California has a tax credit for working families? It’s called the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) and it is modeled after the federal credit. And now it’s even better! What is new?
- A parent with an income of $22,300 or less may benefit from the credit if they have one or more qualifying children. That means a parent working full-time at the state minimum wage of roughly $10 per hour could qualify.
- Now, for the first time, those who earned self-employment income may qualify for the credit. Both 1099 filers and cash earners qualify.
- With the combined federal and state credits eligible families can get up to $6,000 back after filing their taxes. What would you do with an extra $6,000 dollars?
- To get your cash back, simply file your state and federal tax returns for FREE. Call 2-1-1 for free tax preparation sites or file online for free here.
- You can now TEXT to us. Just text to 898211 and input your zip code to be connected !!
- And… Did you know that 211 staff can easily qualify and enroll callers in CalFresh and Medi-Cal over the phone? A simple call to 211 will do it.
Every CalFresh dollar spent generates $1.90 for the local economy. It’s good for business! 211 staff helped generate more than $300,000 for the local economy in this way last year.